A Clean Tech Strategic Asset
Through our Falchani lithium project, our goal is to develop a large, cost competitive battery grade lithium project to help meet the world’s need for sustainability through electric vehicles, technology and battery storage systems.
Supply Security (Peru)
- Geopolitical stable jurisdiction
- Responsible mining practices
- Estimated to be 6th largest hard rock lithium deposit globally*
- Resource estimate based on only ~30% of target area1
- Amenable to open pit mining
- Robust metallurgical testing indicates conventional processing will produce a high purity battery grade (>99.5%) lithium carbonate
- Easy transport
- Low cost power
* Based on the Company's review of publicly available information as at March 2019
Large, High Grade Resource1
Indicated*: ~42.5 Mt at 3,500 ppm Li (0.79Mt Li₂CO₃) (equiv.)
Inferred*: ~123.6 Mt at 3243 ppm Li (2.13Mt Li₂CO₃) (equiv.)
Indicated*: ~60.9Mt at 2,954 ppm Li (0.96Mt Li₂CO₃) (equiv.)
Inferred*: ~260.1Mt at 2,706 ppm Li (3.75Mt Li₂CO₃) (equiv.)
Resource estimate for Falchani
In March 2019, Plateau released an updated resource estimate 1 (refer to March 4, 2019 news release and listen to Alex Holmes, CEO, discuss the news) that increased the resource by more than 90 percent.
Minor discrepancies due to rounding may occur. Cut-off 1,000 ppm Li Tonnes are Metric Li Conversion Factors as follows: Li:Li2O=2.153; Li:Li2CO3=5.323; Li2O:Li2CO3=2.473 Geological losses of 5% or 10% have been applied, based on geological structure and data density. The average geological loss is 6%.
- Outcrop mapping and sampling ~6 km west of Falchani deposit
- 1.5 km mapped extent; sampling average grade of 2,986 ppm Li
- Three ridges of outcropping Li-rich tuff, interpreted as tilted upright compared to relatively horizontal at Falchani East and West
- Each ridge estimated at ~80m high x ~750m long east-west
- Surface samples up to 4,452 ppm Li, trenching in progress
- 6 km by 5 km interpreted collapsed caldera setting as target for future exploration
- ~ 20 km West, multiple surface samples up to 5,100 ppm Li from large Li-rich tuff outcrop
Plateau Energy Metals' experienced management team will also be guided on the Falchani Lithium project by our advisors who have a deep project, lithium and country knowledge
Subscribe to receive the latest news
1 For further details on the Falchani resource estimates please review the technical report entitled “Mineral Resource Estimates for the Falchani Lithium Project in the Puno District of Peru", with an effective date of March 1, 2019, prepared by Mr. Stewart Nupen, of The Mineral Corporation, an Independent Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101. Mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.
2 The potential quantity and grade is conceptual in nature. There has been insufficient exploration to define a mineral resource for the targets disclosed. It is uncertain if further exploration will result in these targets being defined as a mineral resource. Refer to Refer to Plateau news release from June 3, 2019 for Quelcaya results and the 2019 NI 43-101 Technical Report for Tres Hermanas including QA/QC and Data Verification information.